Friday 14 February 2014

*Update* Hana: Sea Life Aquarium Date *Update*

Happy St Valentine's Day to you all!

Have you heard of Sea Life Aquariums? It's the world's biggest chain of aquariums, all over USA and Europe. There's one in a town nearby where I live (about 1hr40min bus journey, or 25mins by train). I've not been to any aquarium since I was maybe about 6 or 7? so I am very much excited to visit one this Valentines Day.

The great thing about aquariums is that it's fun for all ages. There are varieties of creatures there, all unique and beautiful. Some aquariums even have a petting section where you can touch sea urchins and other small creatures. In the one I'm going to, there is an interactive rock pool where you can touch starfishes and little crabs.

Plus, it's CHEAP. If you book the tickets online in advance, you get a huge discount. This means that you can plan a whole day at the aquarium even with a low budget. 

These are some of the images I found on the Sea Life Brighton website:




(These images do not belong to me)

I would highly recommend a visit to the aquarium this Valentine's Day. It's dark with mysterious, dim lighting so it's very intimate, and the sea life is breathtaking. 

If you're single with no date, why don't you head over with a group of friends? And, if you're feeling brave, you can invite out your crush, too. 

For the first time in forever (song) I'll be spending the day with my boyfriend, doing something totally romantic: Building pillow forts, watching Avatar (James Cameron, not A:TLA), eating take away food and going to the aquarium. 

I hope everybody has a happy Valentine's Day ♡

***

So, I don't usually do updates but I had such a good time and took some pretty good photos (if I say so myself), I just thought I'd share some with you all!

The Sea Life Brighton was a lot smaller than expected, but the displays were still pretty good.


A giant crab that looked tasty (sorry)


Little turtle


Fishy


Tropical fishies


Derpy catfish


Lazy starfish


Some evil looking thing


Nemos


This happy little fella made my day ♡


She was called Lulu


Yellow fishy


Jellyfish. This one was floating the wrong way up, not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but he swam with his legs up.


The mighty searhorse


Sting Ray - there was a tunnel you can walk through where the wall/arched ceiling were all made of glass, so you were walking through a giant tank. There were many different species there, including sting rays, sea turtles and sharks among varieties of fish.


When the stingray swam overhead in this tunnel, you could see it's little face. Sometimes the mouth was open, so it looked like he was smiling at us as he swam overhead.


Lots of little Dori's


And uh, some turtle-loving going on here. I mean, sure, it was Valentine's Day, after all.

This was taken from above the giant tunnel-tank. There was an area where you can sit and watch the tank (I presumed they would do talks/some kind of shows there) and a glass bottom boat where you could see the creatures in a boat, with a Sea Life worker explained stuff about the creatures inside.


This guy looked so shocked


And an octopus. They put human children toys in the octopus tanks because - and I didn't know this - octopuses are intelligent. We didn't get to see them play with these human toys but it was kind of cute.

Anyway, photos over. Thanks again for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment